Integrating with Other Platforms
If you use another platform for your website (e.g. Squarespace, WebFlow, Wix, etc), there are many ways you can integrate AltText.ai. Your integration options depend on what is supported by your platform. Some platforms have already built apps and integrations for AltText.ai.
Existing Integrations for Other Platforms
- Hygraph CMS: Hygraph AltText.ai App
- DatoCMS: DatoCMS AltText.ai App
- Zapier: Zap for AltText.ai
- Pabbly: Pabbly Connect for AltText.ai
Generic Integration Overview
At the most basic level, the integration process looks like this:
- Get the image URLs from your platform.
- Process those images with AltText.ai and get back alt text.
- Update your platform with the alt text.
Generating Alt Text
The following table gives you a sense of what integration or technology you can use for processing, depending on what is supported by your platform.
Processing Image URLs from your platform with AltText.ai
|If your platform supports
extracting image URLs via...
|You can generate alt text using our...|
|API calls||Developer API
|CSV Export||Developer API
|Zapier / Pabbly integration||Zapier / Pabbly integration|
|(no options)||Browser Extension
Page Scrape Web UI
Updating Alt Text
Once you have alt text generated, you can get the image and alt text data in a number of different ways:
- Export your image library to a CSV file.
- Use our Developer API to retrieve alt text data for all images, or a single image.
- Copy and paste the alt text from our Web UI.
- Copy and paste the alt text using our Browser Extension.
Here are some examples of how to use AltText.ai in a workflow with your own custom system.
Example 1: Platform does not support API or CSV exports
- Add your image(s) to the platform as you normally do.
- In your platform's media library (or wherever it displays the image), use our Browser Extension to generate alt text for the image.
- Copy the alt text from the browser extension, and paste it into the platform's alt text field for the image.
Example 2: Platform supports API fetching of images, and CSV upload of alt text data
- Write a script to retrieve the URLs of all the images in the platform (this may require a developer).
- Save each image URL into a CSV file.
- When finished, ensure the CSV file matches our CSV input file format on our site, then import the CSV into AltText.ai for processing.
- Once the import is complete, export your AltText.ai image library back to CSV.
- Modify the CSV so it meets the standard required by your platform.
- Upload the CSV of alt text back into your platform.